AMSD® BillingSystem™ description
AMSD® BillingSystem™ supports a full scope of accounting services, i.e. monitoring and management of subscribers, accounts, PINs, tariff plans (pricing policies), credit and debit payments (with debit cards).
AMSD® BillingSystem™ uses a shared data base to store client information and provides unified AAA (authentication, authorization and accounting) access to it. More than one NAS (network access server, say VoIP gateway) may access the common data base, implementing network-wide roaming.
Provided with sufficient hardware support (SQL server efficiency), AMSD® BillingSystem™ handles up to 5000 ports simultaneously.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ supports the following functional capabilities:
- authentication and authorization;
- PIN management in individual and group style;
- account management in individual and group style;
- "team accounts" (more than one PIN attached to a single account);
- ANI (automatic number identification) support for authentication.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ uses ANI information together with subscriber PIN and password to verify the physical subscriber location (particular telephone number, or network device, or software registration key) and the corresponding access rights.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ allows team accounts, i.e. attachement of several PINs to one shared account, so the account possessor and the account beneficiary can be logically separate. The account contains not only balance information but also related subscriber information (status, access limitations, account history).
- tariff plan (pricing policy) management;
- timezones and regions support;
- service cost evaluation;
- dynamic management of prices and service availability with postponed tariff plans.
A tariff plan (pricing policy) describes the service cost calculation procedure. AMSD® BillingSystem™ includes service type (sessional or permanent), time of the day, day of the week, day of the year (holiday) factors into tariff plans. Available flexibility allows to distinguish between categories of subscribers, geographic regions and other requests of the customer.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ allows to change the tariff plan at any time, immediately or at the precisely given moment in the future. Out-of-date tariff plans are stored for accounting purposes. You can even create a unique tariff plan (pricing policy) for every particular subscriber.
- time-based (sessional) and periodical (permanent) services;
- debit accounts;
- commercial credit;
- discount management;
- "hot billing".
AMSD® BillingSystem™ "bills" services of the following categories:
Single-time services, like account registration, tariff plan change, account locking by request etc.;
Periodical (permanent) services, like monthly e-mailing of a detailed cash flow and account balance information.
Time-based (sessional) services, like a telephone call. The cost of the session depends on the session time, time of the day etc.
Both commercial credit (bills are issued at the end of the accounting perion) and debit (payments in advance or with pre-paid cards) accounts are allowed.
The billing system provides full control over subscriber accounts in real time ("hot billing" approach), so that the account balance always remains non-negative. The BS can terminate the call session if the subscriber's account is overdrafted.
- Stats keeping and report generation
- logging all operations with persistent objects;
- logging authentications, sessions, runtime errors;
- monitoring gateway load and QoS;
- generation of reports and bills with customizable detail level.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ includes an in-built report generator.
Both overall and client-specific reports are available.
AMSD® BillingSystem™ stores and keeps thorough logs of all accounting operations.
A flexible mechanism of report template operation is provided, available not only to system developers but also to system deployers (clients). Templates can be stored for later use and invoked when the BS is least loaded.
- access rights setup per each user;
- keeping client information;
- customizable access to data and function (roles);
- backing up;
- data restoration after fatal failures.
The underlying layer of AMSD® BillingSystem™ (the data base with client and service information) is backed up regularly, so that it could be restored after hardware or system failures.
Subscribers can manage their accounts
through the WWW interface, with a web browser.
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- IVR for "telephone" subscribers.
IVR provides account management and reference information to those subscribers who don't have a web browser.
- Taxation rules and multicurrency support
- tax rates management;
- tax composition management;
- adding new taxation procedures;
- account keeping and taxation in any currency.
Ability to manage with various currency units and tax legislations is one of the most important system scalability and extensibility factors. As AMSD® BillingSystem™ allows to open and keep client accounts in any currency, the system functions independently from its actual location which is especially important for international VoIP telephony networking.
- Communication QoS auditing
AMSD® BillingSystem™ supoports traffic analysis and communication auditing by a series of factors.
For instance, you can evaluate the resource allocation efficiency and the gateway functioning cost, estimate which channels are most overloaded or where most data loss occurs.
The following analysis axes are available:
- time of the day;
- group of lines (trunks, channels);
- geography (countries, regions);
- highest and lowest hardware load.
All the listed data are kept in the data base and recalled in arbitrary combination, allowing you to evaluate quality of service (transmission speed, delays, losses), identify and minimize the expenses and optimize telecommunication efficiency.
- Debit cards management subsystem
The debit cards management subsystem supports generation, distribution and procession of prepaid (debit) cards, in detail:
- debit card template management and application;
- resellers management;
- cards distribution;
- card activation;
- support of two activation modes ("card accounts" or using a card to fill an existing account).